World Phone is a mobile app that connects you over a short distance on the public Internet to a high-quality low-cost international telephone network. This also gives you access to thousands of local telephone numbers in over 70 countries that you can rent – on your Android or iPhone handset.
- Low-cost international calls compared to most GSM roaming costs,
- Excellent quality audio,
- Works with or without a SIM card (but needs Wi-Fi),
- Set up a local number that allows you to be local even when you are not,
- Very simple to use thanks to a high quality familiar looking interface that makes it intuitive to use,
- No need to remember passwords account names access codes or settings. Secure and familiar in-app purchase with Apple iTunes or Google Play.
After installing World Phone, enter your mobile number and a moment later you will receive an SMS with a code. Enter the code into World Phone that completes the set-up process. Now every time the phone is turned on, World Phone launches itself in the background and connects with our network selecting the best possible access point to the international telephone network.
If the call button is still green, it means that a good quality connection is not available or the App is still looking for one. As soon as a good quality connection is set-up, the call button turns blue. If you have rented a local number our platform will decide on the best way to connect calls from that number to your location – even if you are in a different country.
World Phone is free to download. In-app purchases are available for World Credit and phone numbers.
- We can charge less for calls because we do not need to have a contract with every mobile network in the world. We use the public internet for short VoIP hops which are free and then we use long distance networks which are very competitive so that rates are very low.
- World Phone allows you to use a local number on your phone even when you have a roaming SIM card installed. This is a significant benefit.
- You can make high-quality calls whenever you have a good quality connection to the Internet – and this works in some places where visited mobile networks do not work well!
- You can avoid having to carry around two phones.
No. We recommend that Emergency calls are made using your standard Phone app.
We’ve created the World Message App to make it easy and extremely cost-effective to make and receive international SMS. It also has free app-to-app messaging and support for Virtual IDs and World IDs!
Learn more and download World Message here.
We offer full support for a range of languages:
Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian,and Vietnamese.
To make a call through World Phone, a user needs a reliable Wi-Fi connection or good 3G/4G signal with Mobile Data enabled on the device. Please note that you must have available data (Megabytes) when making calls through a 3G/4G network.
Yes, World Phone connects users to our network through the internet. You can use either Wi-Fi or cellular data.