Norwood Systems is a leading provider of innovative cognitive, voice, messaging, and data services for carriers, consumers, and enterprises globally.
We are seeking a Technical Lead to join our dynamic team and spearhead our engineering projects. This role offers an exciting opportunity to leverage cutting-edge technologies and Agile methodologies to drive the significant growth of our business in the near to mid-term.
As our Technical Lead, you will be responsible for leading our engineering team and technical projects, ensuring the development of our core infrastructure and backend services, analyzing and responding to briefs, delivering progress reports to management, and identifying risks.
Additionally, you will have hands-on involvement in technical projects and contribute to the team’s progress towards engineering milestones.
To excel in this role, you must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be open to new technologies and approaches, and have experience in full-stack engineering, architecture design, team and project management, and client engagement.
You will work from our modern Nedlands-based office, which offers ample parking and easy access to public transport.
As our Technical Lead, you will be responsible for the following:
- Defining project requirements and developing work schedules for the team
- Delegating tasks and achieving daily, weekly, and monthly goals
- Liaising with the company’s product, sales, and support teams, management, and clients to ensure projects are completed to a high standard
- Identifying risks and formulating contingency plans
- Analyzing existing operations and scheduling training sessions and meetings to discuss improvements
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and developments
- Updating work schedules and performing troubleshooting as required
- Motivating staff and creating a space where they can ask questions and voice their concerns
- Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes
- Writing progress reports and delivering presentations to the relevant stakeholders
- Developing and maintaining software solutions written in Swift and Ruby on Rails
- Engaging in server-side development, deployment, and maintenance
- Managing applications hosted on various cloud platforms
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Relevant management experience with a small to medium-sized team
- Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong leadership and organizational abilities
- Willingness to build professional relationships with your team and clients
- Excellent communication, listening, motivational, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commercial full-stack experience (we do not expect you to be familiar with the technologies we use)
- Experience in NoSQL and relational databases (MongoDB, Postgres, and Cassandra)
- Experience with Restful API development and integration
Wouldn’t hurt to know
The following skills and experiences would be an advantage:
- AWS or Azure Cloud Environments
- VoIP/SIP/XMPP – audio handling, voice compression, media streaming, and chat
- Agile SCRUM
Don’t miss the chance to join our rapidly expanding team and play a critical role in shaping the future of our innovative services.
Apply now to help drive Norwood Systems forward in the fast-evolving landscape of telecommunications and technology.
About Norwood Systems
Norwood Systems builds innovative cognitive, voice, messaging and data services for carriers, consumers, and enterprises globally.
Our mission is to deliver disruptive end-user communication applications that streamline and simplify access to intuitive, powerful, and affordable telecommunications services – anywhere, anytime.
Norwood’s innovative solutions for telecommunication providers come in two shapes. Our latest platform brings a revolution in Cognitive Voice services. The platform shapes assistants to serve a virtually unlimited number of use cases and brings with it seamless convenience to let you focus on your value.
The legal right to work in Australia is essential.
To apply for this role, please email us with your Resume and Cover Letter (optional) at email@example.com.