Norwood Systems is a leading provider of innovative cognitive, voice, messaging, and data services for carriers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide.
We are seeking multiple experienced iOS/Swift-Server Engineers to join our dynamic team and contribute to the development of our suite of Swift-based applications.
As our iOS/Swift-Server Engineer, you will be responsible for contributing to the development of our innovative applications on both our front and back-end systems, collaborating across our engineering team, and operating in an Agile environment.
An ideal candidate should have strong experience in Swift development, UI/UX design, and integration as well as expertise in server-side Swift. Additional nice to have skills are experience with OpenAI API’s, ChatGPT and GitHub Copilot.
You will work out of our modern Nedlands-based office, which offers ample parking and easy access to public transport.
As our iOS/Swift-Server Engineer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Contributing to the development of our suite of Swift-based applications
- Proficient in Swift development, UI/UX design, and integration
- Expertise in server-side Swift development
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- iOS development, including strong user interface design and implementation
- Swift, Objective-C, and Xcode
- Experience with Restful APIs and push notifications
- Experience with persistent storage, such as Core Data or Realm
- Experience with unit testing
- Solid experience with Cocoa Touch and UIKit development
- Strong familiarity with the iOS Human Interface Guidelines
- Experience with App Store, iTunes Connect, and in-app purchases
- Familiarity with Git
- Experience in integrating third-party libraries using CocoaPods
- Good written and verbal skills
Wouldn’t hurt to know
The following skills and experiences would be an advantage:
- Automated testing techniques
- Android development
- Ruby on Rails
- VoIP/SIP/XMPP – audio handling, voice compression, media streaming, and chat
- Agile SCRUM
- Mobile Device Management
- OpenAI API’s, ChatGPT and GitHub Copilot
Additionally, an ideal candidate would have strong user interface design and implementation skills for iOS development, familiarity with the iOS Human Interface Guidelines, experience with Agile development methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban, and the ability to develop and maintain code quality standards and ensure compliance with coding guidelines and best practices.
The candidate should also be able to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely and effective manner, mentor and provide technical guidance to junior team members, and possess good written and verbal communication skills.
Don’t miss the chance to join our rapidly expanding team and play a critical role in shaping the future of our innovative services. Apply now to help drive Norwood Systems forward in the fast-evolving landscape of telecommunications and technology.
About Norwood Systems
Norwood Systems builds innovative cognitive, voice, messaging and data services for carriers, consumers, and enterprises globally.
Our mission is to deliver disruptive end-user communication applications that streamline and simplify access to intuitive, powerful, and affordable telecommunications services – anywhere, anytime.
Norwood’s innovative solutions for telecommunication providers come in two shapes. Our latest platform brings a revolution in Cognitive Voice services. The platform shapes assistants to serve a virtually unlimited number of use cases and brings with it seamless convenience to let you focus on your value.
The legal right to work in Australia is essential.
To apply for this role, please email us with your Resume and Cover Letter (optional) at email@example.com.