This exciting role will suit someone who can work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Norwood develops mobile applications available on both Android and iOS platforms. Their backend services are hosted on AWS and built with Ruby on Rails.
You can choose to work out of our Perth office or remotely in Australia.
- Develop and maintain software solutions written in Ruby on Rails
- Engage in server-side development, deployment, and maintenance
- Manage applications hosted on AWS services
- Communicate requirements, issues and solutions to other stakeholders
- Demonstrate commercial full-stack experience with Ruby on Rails or Node.js
- Experience in NoSQL and relational databases (Postgres and Casandra)
- Experiences with Restful API development and integration
- Deployed web applications on AWS
- Familiar with Git and Linux
- Experience in CI/CD
Wouldn’t hurt to know
- VoIP / SIP / XMPP – audio handling / voice compression / media streaming / chat
- Agile SCRUM
About Norwood Systems
Norwood has developed an innovative suite of technologies to build the next-generation call completion platforms for the mobile operator industry. Our award-winning mobile apps have been downloaded by 8+ million customers worldwide and have reached Number #1 in their categories in 105+ App Store countries.
Norwood delivers scalable cognitive platforms and associated apps to Communication Service Providers (CSPs), providing CSP subscribers with a rich, easy-to-use and completely modernised experience.
Norwood has successfully delivered a suite of high-performance branded iOS and Android white-labelled visual voicemail apps and associated network services for Spark New Zealand, a tier-1 operator, targeted at their entire mobile user base.
Norwood has been the winner of the highly regarded Australian National iAwards in 2014, 2015 and 2017, believed to be the only non-government entity to win that many iAwards across four years. Norwood was the winner of the prestigious London Business School Real Innovation Award and the Westpac Bank’s Inaugural Businesses of Tomorrow Award.
Norwood Systems was listed on the ASX in June 2015 and trades with the stock ticker NOR.
The legal right to work in Australia is essential.
To apply for this role, please email us with your Resume and Cover Letter (optional) at email@example.com.