We are looking for an experienced Android developer to take the product lead. You will be working in a fast-paced, dynamic, yet flexible environment.
Responsibilities and Attributes
- Developer for the Android apps
- Proficient in Android development and UI design and implementation
- Able to self-motivate and use your initiative when needed
- Able to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Android development including strong user interface design and implementation
- Google Play in-app purchases
- REST, Push notifications
- Gradle Build System
- Good written and verbal skills
Wouldn’t hurt to know about
- iOS development (Objective C)
- Web development: Ruby on Rails, Python
- VoIP/SIP/XMPP – audio handling/voice compression/media streaming/chat
- Agile SCRUM
- Mobile Device Management
About Norwood Systems
Corona® is based on award-winning technology developed by an earlier iteration of Norwood Systems during the early 2000s.
The earlier Norwood Systems successfully developed and deployed the world’s first ‘dual-mode’ enterprise mobility platform using Bluetooth/GSM cellular handsets. The company won the first ever tender issued by a large telco for dual-mode converged enterprise voice services infrastructure.
Norwood Systems was ranked by Time Magazine as one of Europe’s hottest tech firms in 2001 and 2002. In 2003 its technology won the prestigious European IST Prize, awarded annually by Europe’s Academies of Science to the top 20 ground-breaking IT innovations in the European Economic Area.
It became clear by 2010 that smartphones, powered by Apple and Android software, were becoming open enough to support the service architecture originally envisaged by the founding Norwood Systems’ team in mid-1999.
Consequently, we decided to take a million lines of code developed by the first Norwood Systems out of mothballs and restart the company, using the Norwood Systems name once again to reflect the strong mobility heritage of the company’s technology base and team.
Norwood Systems was re-founded in 2011 to develop and deliver a range of the best possible global mobility products, benefits and OTT solutions for organisations of all sizes.
We have offices in Perth and Sydney.
Legal right to work in Australia Essential.
To Apply, please email your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org