As a Junior AI/ML Engineer, you will make important contributions to the research and development of next-generation scalable cognitive, ML/AI-powered platforms. This new and exciting role will suit someone who can work in a fast-paced, dynamic
environment. You will work alongside our engineering team to develop cutting-edge solutions that leverage state-of-the-art Large Language Models.
You will work with advanced AI models, APIs and scalable cloud-native technologies. If you are keen to join a team that is building world-leading AI-powered systems and platforms, and eager to learn new technologies and programming languages, then you should apply for this role.
- Develop and refine our advanced AI-powered cognitive engines.
- Research and implement AI technologies to enhance our products and user experience.
- Extend existing ML/AI libraries and frameworks.
- Train and retrain systems when necessary.
- Run machine learning tests and experiments.
- Use statistical tools to analyse and fine-tune ML results.
- Assist various stakeholders to design and deliver key abilities in set timeframes.
- Document experiments and development to build our internal expertise.
- Background in data science and/or AI platform development.
- Formal training and/or a degree in the field are highly preferred.
- Hands-on experience with machine learning and AI program development.
- Understanding of data structures, data modelling and working with large data sets.
- Interest or experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) models.
- Open to learning new technologies and programming languages.
- Ability to collaborate within a fast-paced team environment.
- Demonstrate high-level written and verbal communication.
Wouldn’t hurt to know
- Agile SCRUM
About Norwood Systems
Norwood has developed an innovative suite of technologies to build the next-generation call completion platforms for the mobile operator industry. Our award-winning mobile apps have been downloaded by 8+ million customers worldwide and have reached Number #1 in their categories in 105+ App Store countries.
Norwood delivers scalable cognitive platforms and associated apps to Communication Service Providers (CSPs), providing CSP subscribers with a rich, easy-to-use and completely modernised experience.
Norwood has successfully delivered a suite of high-performance branded iOS and Android white-labelled visual voicemail apps and associated network services for Spark New Zealand, a tier-1 operator, targeted at their entire mobile user base.
Norwood has been the winner of the highly regarded Australian National iAwards in 2014, 2015 and 2017, believed to be the only non-government entity to win that many iAwards across four years. Norwood was the winner of the prestigious London Business School Real Innovation Award and the Westpac Bank’s Inaugural Businesses of Tomorrow Award.
Norwood Systems was listed on the ASX in June 2015 and trades with the stock ticker NOR.
The legal right to work in Australia is essential.
To apply for this role, please email us with your Resume and Cover Letter (optional) at firstname.lastname@example.org.